The new Brick Motion Controller is an open architecture controller utilizing the intelligence and capability of its embedded Turbo PMAC2. With the ability to store programs locally and its built-in PLC execution, it is suitable for virtually any kind of automation application. This tried and tested architecture allows for complete machine motion and logic control.
This product has 4 or 8 (optional) axes of analog +/- 10V
fltered PWM (12-bit resolution) or pulse and direction outputs as standard. Options are available for dual true-DAC
analog outputs at 18-bit resolution or Direct-PWM with current loop. Feedback with quadrature incremental encoders
is standard. Options for sinusoidal, resolver or serial encoders are available.
• 80 MHz DSP56303 CPU (120 MHz PMAC equivalent) (fast
internal memory for 1st 15 axes servo & commutation)
• 128k x 24 SRAM compiled/assembled program memory
(5C0) (for frmware, compiled PLCs, user-written servo &
• 128k x 24 SRAM user data memory (5C0) (for motion & uncompiled PLC progs, variables, tables, buﬀers)
• 1M x 8 ﬂash memory for user backup & frmware (5C0)
• Fully confgurable via USB2.0 and Ethernet TCP/IP or RS-
• Fully confgurable via USB2.0 and Ethernet TCP/IP orRS-232 port.